Meet Mike and Megan, a young 50’s couple with over $350,000 of annual income. With two adult children and 1.25 million dollars in investable assets, Mike and Megan want to ensure their current plan is right for them. Learn more about Mike and Megan and how they now feel confident in their entire financial future.
Mike & Megan
Mike & Megan don’t have a set retirement date yet. Not because they won’t be able to retire, but because they’re not sure when (or if) they want to stop working.
Mike is an executive with a local tech company and Megan is a Sales Rep for a Pharmaceutical company. They both enjoy their careers — their work adds value and meaning to their lives.
They’ve worked for decades to excel in their fields and they aren’t ready to leave their passions simply because they’re nearing traditional retirement age.
The challenge isn’t overcoming any financial mistakes or limitations, they’ve been doing all the right things:
- Generating high six-figure incomes
- Maxing out retirement vehicles and other investments
- Growing sizeable equity in their primary home
- Protecting themselves with the right types of insurance
So, what’s the problem?
Mike & Megan wonder if they’re missing something. Is their current plan right for them?
They admit…they don’t know what they don’t know.
As they approach the next stage of life, they want an expert to help them make strategic decisions with their money. They also want help navigating taxes & income planning in retirement.
While Mike and Megan aren’t in a hurry to retire, they want to know they have the option to if and when they feel like they are ready.
Mike and Megan weren’t sure where to begin, which is why they pursued professional help from a financial planner.
Plus, they’re busy with their professional and personal lives. They don’t want to get bogged down trying to figure everything out on their own.
When Mike & Megan hired us as their financial planning team, they were concerned about more than just their investments. They wanted help with the entire financial picture, especially taxes.
A comprehensive plan was put together that met all their needs:
- A tax-efficient investment strategy to reduce risk and improve returns.
- Reduced investment costs.
- Improved asset allocation to better align with their goals.
- A smart, sustainable rebalancing strategy.
- Reduction of tax liabilities through charitable giving, Roth conversions, Social Security timing, and more!
- A tax-efficient IRA funding strategy.
- Long-term gifting strategy to their children during their lifetime
- They also adopted an easy-to-use personal finance website, helping them organize their financial life and gain clarity.
With a true financial plan in place, Mike & Megan now have the confidence and clarity they were looking for.
They have more energy and mental space to dedicate towards what they enjoy — knowing they have the choice to retire when the time is right.
This is a case study and is for illustrative purposes only. Actual performance and results will vary. This case study does not constitute a recommendation as to the suitability of any investment for any person or persons having circumstances similar to those portrayed, and a financial advisor should be consulted. This case study does not represent actual clients but a hypothetical composite of various client experiences and issues. Any resemblance to actual people or situations is purely coincidental.